What is our warranty?
Make My Blinds is so confident in the workmanship and overall quality on all of our blinds we offer an unrivalled and straightforward 4-year warranty on all purchases. It’s not just the customer service we pride ourselves on, but the choice of components and focus on quality. We like to take a common sense approach with things, but for reasons we need to list a few things that are not covered:
- Exposure to elements
- Normal wear and tear
- Non-domestic use
Further details (the nitty-gritty) can be found below.
- Make My Blinds (Henceforth referred to as MMB) offers an unrivalled 4 year warranty on all blinds sold via our website. This warranty covers the following parts and components for general wear and tear, so: brackets, roller components, top tube, bottom bar, Ventitian pulls and wands, slats, roller chains, chain links, bottom bars, motor, remote, cassette, internal components, strings, tapes, cords and the fabric – except fading, cuts and any homemade alterations.
- Blinds fitted in a non-domestic environment are not covered under our 4 year warranty, nor is Make My Blinds liable for any damage or injury that may arise from these blinds being installed within a non-domestic environment. We supply blinds for residential settings, so hotels, hostels, schools, B&B’s, holiday lets etc. aren’t covered under this warranty.
- Any homemade alterations to the blind will void our warranty. Come on guys, if you can’t cut straight we can’t be held responsible for that. Each case will be looked at on a case by case basis, but every blind is made to measure to your exact size requirements at the point of order and alterations to this or your blind will void the warranty.
- Blinds may need to be returned to MMB for inspection before a replacement or repair is offered. This is undertaken at the customer’s expense. Before this stage we will require some photos to air our quality control team with their inspections.
- In no event shall MMB be liable or responsible for incidental or consequential damages of for any other direct or indirect damage, loss, cost, expense or fee.
- Misuse or incorrect installation in the correct environment will also void the MMB 4 year warranty. E.g. don’t install a blind in the bathroom that is not suitable for damp conditions, don’t put the roller blind fabric in the wash, don’t wipe clean the fabrics with bleach etc. Each case will be looked at on a case by case basis. Our customer advisors will be able to advise you on the best location to install each blind type before purchase.
- This guarantee is exclusive and in lieu of all other obligations liabilities or warranties. In no event shall Make My Blinds be liable or responsible for incidental or consequential damages of for any other direct or indirect damage, loss, cost, expense or fee. This guarantee does not affect the consumer’s statutory rights under applicable national laws in force.
If you have any questions or concerns over any of our products please get in touch on 0800 368 8441.